Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A well dressed man...


If men spent half the time they spend trying to get laid on their appearance ...getting laid would be so much easier..
The cool breeze in Florida is reminding my that somewhere in the Northeast a man removes his coat ..only to reveal what he is about.. and 9 out of ten times I am marveled by the results. Whether it be argyle culture, rockabilly street wear, Brooklyn Hip Hop or Euro trip hop ..a man that makes a statement with his look gets me every time. Unfortunately where I live now those men come few and far between. In a place where Polo's and wife beaters are a staple...and men really are proving to not know what they are about ...fashion is dead. well dead after 25 . One would think that folks over 25 have the money and confidence to invest in a wardrobe that reflects who they are inside. And don't get me wrong ..I don't mean labels! We are coming out of a recession.. Labels are not an option...I'm into vintage myself. There are more affordable options now a days to look current and fashionable ..
I miss guessing the fragrance on a mans neck and hands ..whether it be axe or Valentino, it's still fun to figure it out. I have to say that Northeastern men are the absolute best at this .. and what of seen so far of Florida is quite disappointing ...
and then I walked into his studio. and was flabbergasted at the Rockabilly influence mixed in with a double dose of Elvis (Costello and Presley). My proverbial jaw dropped and for the first time I listened more than I talked.(a real first for me ). So I drop by his place every so often ..just to get my fix and not lose faith in the ability of a man to put himself together well...I assume he bathes due to the amount of product he deposits in his hair, but have no idea how he smells.. and for now that is just fine by me...

No comments:

Post a Comment